Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh WOW that's a huge needle

So I got my HCG shot today via Fedex. It's cool because it came with everything thing I need to give myself the shot. The only thing is it didn't tell me where to give it to myself. I looked online and it seems like it would be in the stomach. I also read that some people but ice on the area before doing it. I guess the Dr. will tell me when and where tomorrow. I go back for my 2nd U/S tomorrow. I'm excited about it. I just need everyone to keep praying for us. We need all we can get. I was looking at the needle and it's huge. I was like I'm sticking that in me? I'm sure once I get over the nervous part I can give myself the shot..we will have to see.

4 comments:

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

Make sure you ask your doctor about the ice. I know some kind of shots don't do as well with ice, like progesterone.

You could have James give you the shot. Josh helped me with a few of mine.

You will do great!

Proudfoot Family said...

Valerie's right, I'd check with your Dr. I think I remember the HCG being in the hip, so that might not be so bad :) Also, If the timing's right the nurse may be willing to administer it while you're already there. I know they did at my Dr.'s office. We're praying for you. I know you'll do great!

Sarah said...

Not The stomach! Ouch! The HCG is in the hip. I can give it to you if you like... or any of our sweet nurses at work would do it you know! :)
Praying for you!! Love, Sarah H.

The Abbe Family Journey said...

Thanks Ladies..I'm going to ask today and I'm also taking it with me to the Dr.s. I may take you up on your offer Sarah. I'll let you know. Thanks again!!